Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

In spite of the sorrow in my world the last couple of weeks, (The deaths at Pacific Union College and the deaths of my friends Bob Buller and Bruno Teichman), we still have much to thank the Lord for this holiday season. God is still God and the promises of the Word of God are still true.

I am currently typing this in Marysville at Thanksgiving with Debbie's Family. This morning started in Redding with Debbie and Rebekah doing the Turkey Trot run on the River Trail. There were many members of our school and church community in the race. In fact, the runners that placed 2nd and 3rd overall were recent alumni of Redding Adventist Academy.

After going home for a dip in the hot tub and shower and breakfast, we drove the 2 hr and 15 min drive to my sister-in-law's house for our feast. We are thankful to be able to be together, and to enjoy traditional recipes and a few new ones. The pecan buttermilk pie we made turned out pretty good actually.

I haven't had the time to work on my list of 100 things that I'm thankful for this year..but I'll work on that this weekend and post it here soon.

I hope you have a wonderful holiday and a good December. Visit the stable this Christmas, see the Christ come again to our world...and be in wonderment once again.

Fondly

Pastor Kris

No comments:

Eunice Widmer: The Umbrella

  Eunice Mae Olson Widmer is dead. Long live (the memory) of Eunice M. Widmer   My mother, Eunice Mae Olson Widmer, has come back as an umbr...